Affect vs Effect Quiz
Read the sentences below and choose which word (effect or affect) correctly fits the blank.
- The __________ of the preacher's words on the young boy's life was astounding.
- Sheila was surprised that her book could __________ people so profoundly.
- Meditation had an obvious __________ on Mandy's general behavior.
- Patty realized her criticism had no __________ on Roger's poor work.
- The coach's encouraging words before the big game were __________ (effective or affective).
- Patty's harsh words didn't __________ Roger as much as he had anticipated.
- The president couldn't __________ a new policy without his cabinet's consent.
- His old teacher's wise words had the most __________ on Tom's career endeavors.
- Anna's photograph had a profound __________ on John.
- Chris was curious how the crime rate __________ed hiring rates in his neighborhood.